Nothing says Summer time like citrus and grilling out and this salmon recipe is just bursting with citrus notes! Cooking it using the cedar plank on the grille just adds a complimentary smokiness you don't get from the stove top or oven; not to mention with grilling, there's basically no clean-up...that's one of the best things, its not only simple but leaves very little mess.
This recipe is perfect for a dinner for two or a crowd. Just add some (grilled) veggies, salad or rice and you've got a dinner your guest will be raving about!
1. Salmon filets
2. Juice of 2 tangerines
3. 1 lemon thinly sliced
4. Juice of 1 grapefruit
5. 2 garlic cloves minced
6. 1 tbsp agave nectar
7. 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
8. Pinch of salt
9. Cedar plank
1. Soak cedar plank in water for an hour
2. Mix all ingredients for sauce
3. Marinate salmon for up to one hour in glass bowl
4. Heat grille to 400
5. Place cedar plank on grille and let heat up for about ten minutes
6. Place salmon on plank, top with lemon slices then close lid and let cook for 15 min.
7. Remove from grille and serve with your favorite summer side dish!!
If you make this, be sure to tag me on Instagram and Facebook!! Happy grilling ya'll!