It's only taken me a month to post this, blame it on the prego brain, but here it is and it's worth the wait!! Peach season is coming to and end so hurry up and get some fresh peaches, preferably from your local farmers market!!! I made this last weekend for friends and it was a HUGE hit! I however, didn't think it was as good as the first time because I didn't use the peppered thick cut bacon so that's pretty crucial when making this.
This dish is not only bursting with flavor but it only takes about 40 minutes or less, to make. So, invite some friends over for dinner this weekend and get ready for the compliments to roll in!!
1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts or thighs
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
zest of 1 lemon
kosher salt and pepper
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 slices thick cut peppered bacon, chopped
3/4 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 peaches, sliced
1 tablespoon honey
8 ounces fresh buratta
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Rub the chicken all over with olive oil, lemon zest, and season generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the flour evenly over the chicken and toss to coat, adding more flour if needed to cover the chicken.
3. Heat a large oven safe skillet over medium high heat and cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and drain onto paper towels.
4. Add the chicken to the pan and sear on both sides until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium low and pour in the wine and chicken broth. Simmer the chicken for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Add the bacon back to the skillet. Arrange the peaches and buratta evenly around the chicken and drizzle the honey over the peaches. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 5 minutes, then broil until the peaches are just charred and the cheese has melted, about 1 minute.
5. Serve the chicken topped with peaches and drizzle over any pan sauce and top with basil. EAT!